Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Marion County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Marion County
      Zips: 
    46207
    46230
    46242
    46255
    46277
    46249
    46249
    46206
    46244
    46285
    46183
    46236
    46234
    46282
    46229
    46226
    46224
    46259
    46228
    46235
    46231
    46113
    46216
    46107
    46234
    46221
    46224
    46214
    46239
    46236
    46225
    46229
    46201
    46278
    46217
    46208
    46218
    46237
    46205
    46222
    46254
    46226
    46256
    46203
    46241
    46219
    46227
    46260
    46250
    46268
    46220
    46240
    46204
    46202
      Coordinates: 
    39.781709090071175, -86.13847231397783
      Area total: 
    403.01 sq. mi., 1043.79 sq. km, 257926.40 acres
      Area land: 
    396.57 sq. mi., 1027.11 sq. km, 253804.16 acres
      Area water: 
    6.44 sq. mi., 16.68 sq. km, 4122.24 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Indianapolis
    Address: 200 E Washington St
    City-County Bldg
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-3307
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 25 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Marion County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    977,203; Population change: 8.17% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    2,464 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,058
      Households: 
    17,379
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.90% per 495,063 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.40%
      GDP: 
    $84.09 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Marion County's population of Indiana of 25,077 residents in 1930 has increased 1,84-fold to 46,095 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.04% female residents and 49.96% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.72% in Marion County, Indiana are married and the remaining 37.28% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.72% in Marion County, Indiana are married and the remaining 37.28% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    436,998 residential units of which 91.09% share occupied residential units.

    24.8 minutes is the average time that residents in Marion County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.26% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.92% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.53% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Marion County, Indiana 53.02% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.28% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.70% are vacant.

  • The 38.76% of the population in Marion County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 35.340%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 63.670%) of those eligible to vote in Marion County, Indiana.

Skyline of Marion County

In 51 U.S. states are published

1187 Companies
571 Counties
960 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

BGR Radiator

25 Center Pkwy, Plainfield, CT 06374

Gustave A Larson Company

951 N Main St d, Lombard, IL 60148

John Sarigianis & Co

2908 E Joppa Rd 2nd floor, Parkville, MD 21234

Wayne's Radiator Services

710 S Polk St, Tullahoma, TN 37388

EBM Heating & Cooling LLC

4114 Seneca St, Buffalo, NY 14224

Other Companies

Biener Plumbing & Heating

4033 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98409

Parker Oil Co

320 N 9th St, Stroudsburg, PA 18360

Freezone Heating and Cooling

6802 Atmore Dr, Richmond, VA 23225

Oil Patch

308 N Railroad Ave A, Rio Grande, NJ 08242

Wallace Eannace Associates Inc

779 Susquehanna Ave, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417

Landscape of Indiana